Sunday, November 24, 2013

Recipe: Carrot Ginger Slaw

Carrot Ginger Slaw - Thea Starr
This simple to make slaw makes you want to eat the entire batch.
Sweet tangy & simple. I'm making some for Thanksgiving dinner this year.

Things you'll need:

3 cups of thick shredded carrots (I wasn't counting how many carrots I used 6-7 maybe? It doesn't need to be exact.)
Handful of raisins (about 1/3 cup)
Handful of sweetened dried cranberries (about 1/3 cup)
3 tablespoons of matchstick cut ginger (fresh & finely cut) *You can also used grated ginger or even fine chopped pickled ginger (sushi ginger) but I'd avoid powdered ginger on this one.*
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (or rice vinegar)
3 tablespoons of apple juice
1 tablespoon of lemon juice

The most work you'll need to do is the shredding of the carrots.
Once that is done, just toss the remainder of the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Allow the slaw to "marinate" for a 15-20 minutes so the sweetness of the sweetened cranberries & raisins to come out. If you're impatient or have a sweet tooth you can add a few pinches of sugar.

Silly me, I put the slaw in a storage container before serving it but I didn't need to because there wasn't any leftovers.

Really super simple and a great way to finish off any extra carrots you might have.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment