Friday, November 11, 2011

Recipe - Crockpot Yogurt

Apologies for the quietness around these parts. I have a few posts lined up that I need to gather pictures for. Because blog posts are more fun with pictures. So stay tuned for that.

So this week my kids had a 3 day school week so I had to cram a lot of stuff in before we started a 4 day weekend. But for long weekends like this I like do something small but special as a treat, so I made some delicious home made yogurt.
I decided to make a little video about it:


I know there are other methods and recipes for this. I know if you add powdered milk it will help thicken the yogurt if you are using 2% milk. I have never tried that so I didn't mention it. 
You can use any type of milk but we (who can drink milk in my house) only get organic milk. 
Again with all of my recipes and tutorials if I didn't use it or try it myself I won't include it. 

This yogurt is delicious and its a fun a thing to teach your kids about. 
I'm not exactly sure how long the yogurt will keep because so far we've eaten it up with out any spoiling. Remember there are 6 people who live in my house so keep that into consideration if you make it for yourself.
If you want to make half of this just cut the ingredient measurements by half.

Things I used:

1 crock pot
1/2 gallon of whole organic milk
1 cup of yogurt (from the previous batch)
1/2 cup of local honey
2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
1 large junky towel
and patience.

Let me know if you have any questions & have fun making your own. 
-Thea

No comments:

Post a Comment