Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Stages of Babies

My oldest "baby" holding her new baby cousin.
This weekend I held a newborn baby for the first time in years. Its my cousin's newest little one.
So tiny and wonderfully baby smelling.

When I held her I gave her little bottom pat-pats and did the bouncy walk for a couple of minutes while her mom settled into a chair so she can nurse her.

What a joy it is to hold someone so tiny and new.  It is a reality check on life. How amazing it is to hold a life in your arms as its just beginning.
I personally don't get the "I want another one..." jonesings, EVER. I had my kids very young and my "baby" will be 10 years old in a couple months.  I'm done riding the pregnancy train. I hug my teenager/tween babies with the same affection as I did when I was able to tote them about in my arms. I saw my best friend of almost 30 years do the same to her children this weekend too. She have her daughter a nice long loving hug.  It was really sweet. We as a society need to hug more I think.

What aids my lack of desire to want more children because not only do I already have 4 kids but my relationship with my kids is in a stage where we are passed babies in general. We're in teenager land with one who will be leaving for college in a little over a year.  And also the possibility of that within the next 10 years I will be a grandmother. Yep, I said it a GRANDMOTHER. How's that for a reality check. I'm not even in my late 30's yet.

Babies are wonderful and so precious. I love to hold them and do my expert bouncy walk and then passed them onto their mama. I have many friends who are the same age as I am just now having their children and I am more than happy to play the role of "Auntie".
When was the last time you held a newborn? Do you hug your kids with the same affection as you did when they were babies? You should.





No comments:

Post a Comment